Would you donate if it didn’t cost you a cent?

You can donate to PGCSC and you can get up to $400 back when you file your taxes! 

The Arizona Tax Credit for Qualifying Charitable Organizations allows Arizona residents to donate and claim up to $400 per individual ($800 for married couples filing jointly) from their state taxes.  This is a dollar for dollar tax credit.

This option allows you to give your money to a Qualifying Charitable Organization in your community, instead of the Arizona Department of Revenue.   You can decide to have your tax dollars stay in your community.

Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens is a Qualifying Charitable Organization.

Make a difference in the lives of seniors living in your community by making a tax deductible contribution to Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens!

You can send a check to:
Pinal Gila Council For Senior Citizens
8969 W. McCartney Road
Casa Grande, AZ 85194-7432

To make an on-line donation, please use the Paypal button below.

Questions and Answers about the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit:

Q: What is the Arizona Tax Credit for Charitable Organizations?
A: You may claim a tax credit for contributions you make during a taxable year to a qualifying charitable organization.

Q: Is this the same as the School Tax Credit?
A: No.  The Charitable Tax Credit is separate.  However, you can claim both credits, as allowed by Arizona tax laws.

Q: How much can I claim for the Charitable Tax Credit?
A: Individual tax filers can claim up to $400. Married couples filing jointly can claim up to $800.

Q: Do I have to itemize deductions to claim the credit?
A: No, you do not have to itemize deductions to claim the Tax Credit

Q: How does it work?
A: 1. Make your donation of up to $400 to Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens by April 15, 2018.
  1. Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens sends you a receipt for proof of your donation.
  1. When filing your taxes, report Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens as the Qualifying Charitable Organization, and the amount you donated, in the Arizona Department of Revenue Form 321.

Q: Can you give me an example of how the tax credit is applied?
A. Let’s say that you have a State tax liability of $1,000, and you donated $400 to Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens. That means that you reduced your tax liability by $400, and you would now owe the State $600. This is a dollar for dollar tax credit.

Q: What if the State owes me a refund?
A. If you are due a refund of $400 from the State, and you donated $400, you would increase your refund by $400 for a total refund of $800.

Q: Do I claim my Charitable Contribution as a tax credit or deduction?
A. Your Charitable Contribution can be claimed as a tax credit; however you cannot claim both a tax credit and a deduction for the same contribution on your Arizona tax return. You can also claim your contribution as a charitable donation in your federal taxes.