Home Delivered MealsDescription: Nutritious meals are delivered to eligible homebound individuals. A PGCSC-funded service.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be:
- At least 60 years of age and homebound, or
- A caregiver of an eligible elderly person, or
- Disabled, 18-59 years old, with a physician-diagnosed physical or mental impairment that substantially limits your ability to perform activities of daily living.
Cost: Donations are greatly encouraged, needed, and appreciated.
For this service, or for more information on the areas served: Call PGCSC's Central Intake, Screening and Referral telephone line (800) 293-9393 or (520) 836-2758 or call the appropriate senior center for referral process.
(Some senior centers provide meals outside of their geographic areas.)
Description: Senior centers provide on-site meals and an opportunity for socialization, educational programs, and recreation.
Eligibility: To be eligible for senior center on-site meals, you must be:
Age 60 or over, or
- The accompanying spouse (regardless of age) of a person who is age 60 or over, or
- A disabled family member under age 60 who accompanies an older adult to the center, or
- A meal program volunteer.
Cost: Suggested donations vary among senior centers, and are greatly appreciated.
How to Get This Service: Call the nearest senior center for more information on eligibility, services and making meal reservations.
Click below for more nutrition resources:
Nutrition Assistance (Formerly the Food Stamp Program)
Arizona Food Bank Network
Food Banks / Other Emergency Food Pinal County
Food Banks / Other Emergency Food Gila County
Choose MyPlate.Gov (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)