- Assisting with Medicare and supplemental claims information, appeals, and resolving problems.
- Information on applying for Social Security, Medicare and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Explaining and comparing Medicare supplemental policies.
- Information on HMOs, managed care, and options under Medicare.
- Information on eligibility for low income related programs such as Arizona’s low-income health program (AHCCCS), ALTCS (Arizona’s Medicaid program), SSI, and Arizona’s prescription assistance.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be:
- At least 60 years of age, or disabled or
- A caregiver or family member of an eligible older adult.
Availability: Available in Pinal and Gila counties at the following locations:
- Payson Senior Center, 514 W. Main St., Payson, AZ, Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 2 pm. Call 928-474-3779
- Globe Active Adult Center, 579 S. Broad St., Globe, AZ, Tuesday through Friday, 8 am to 1 pm. Call 928-425-8863
- Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens, 8969 W. McCartney Rd., Casa Grande, AZ, by appointment only. Call 520-836-2758
How to Get Insurance and Benefits Assistance:
Call PGCSC's Central Intake, Screening and Referral telephone line:
For Information on Medicare Part D
Medicare Prescription Drug Assistance in Other Languages:
The National Alliance for Hispanic Health has created a bilingual hotline to assist individuals with the Medicare Part D enrollment process. Monday - Friday from 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Time. The number to call is 1-866-783-2645.
Special toll-free numbers for assistance with Medicare Rx Drug coverage are now available for speakers of Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin), Korean, and Vietnamese. This is important because 1-800-Medicare assistance is only available in English and Spanish. This toll-free hotline is being made available by the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA).
Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) 1-800-582-4218
Korean --- 1-800-582-4259
Vietnamese --- 1-800-582-4336
English --- 1-800-336-2722
Even More Languages